Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

About VE HSV mufflers on VFW SV6

eclipse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a pair of 2009 HSV R8 Clubsport mufflers, I'm just wondering are they a good choice to put on to the vf sv6, will I get drone.
received_5995850450494980.jpeg

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
They'll be fine....those early ones are very similar to SSV mufflers.

I run SSV's on my ute no problems, they are only a fraction louder than stock and have a good growl but no drone.

It takes 10 mins to swap them over, if your not happy it's only 10 mins to swap them back....it's literally 2 bolts per muffler.

eclipse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6
They'll be fine....those early ones are very similar to SSV mufflers.

I run SSV's on my ute no problems, they are only a fraction louder than stock and have a good growl but no drone.

It takes 10 mins to swap them over, if your not happy it's only 10 mins to swap them back....it's literally 2 bolts per muffler.
Hi, thank you. The one removed from SSV is the AFM muffler right? I tried to buy the afm mufflers but I couldn't find any. I'll try put them on when time permits, and see whether there is any drone.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Hi, thank you. The one removed from SSV is the AFM muffler right? I tried to buy the afm mufflers but I couldn't find any. I'll try put them on when time permits, and see whether there is any drone.
I use the non AFM mufflers and mines fine.

Only a few years of SSV's were actually AFM, most weren't.....mine were from a VF SSV ute which doesn't have AFM and I've got no drone.

Once again, we're talking like a 5% increase in volume, it's not enough to start causing harmonics or noise problems etc. To anyone you drove past, they'd think it was the factory exhaust.

It's still the point you can't hear the car at idle, even standing behind it, so it's simply not loud enough to cause bad resonance.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
You might have some fitment issues with those HSV tail pipes.

eclipse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6
I use the non AFM mufflers and mines fine.

Only a few years of SSV's were actually AFM, most weren't.....mine were from a VF SSV ute which doesn't have AFM and I've got no drone.

Once again, we're talking like a 5% increase in volume, it's not enough to start causing harmonics or noise problems etc. To anyone you drove past, they'd think it was the factory exhaust.

It's still the point you can't hear the car at idle, even standing behind it, so it's simply not loud enough to cause bad resonance.
Haha thank you, even it's only a 5% increase in volume, I think it's worthwhile, plus 4 exhaust tips look much better compared to the original dual exhaust tips.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
What should I do to make them fit.
Just try them and see.

You might be ok, once again it takes 10 minutes and if it doesn't work no biggie.

Not like this needs planning and consumables to purchase etc.....just hop under teh car and give it a go.

eclipse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6
Just try them and see.

You might be ok, once again it takes 10 minutes and if it doesn't work no biggie.

Not like this needs planning and consumables to purchase etc.....just hop under teh car and give it a go.
Sure thank you