Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

8 Year olds caught stealing cars

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Two eight-year-old boys who skipped school, stole two cars and went joyriding in north Queensland won't be charged because they're too young.
The boys left Bluewater State School about 2.30pm (AEST) on Monday, stole the cars and took them for a joyride.
"Due to their age they're not legally responsible for their actions," police said on Wednesday.
"It looks like they'll be counselled."
Education department north Queensland regional director Mike Ludwig said the boys were seen absconding from school and ignored orders to return.
"At that stage they were over the back fence and refused to come back," Mr Ludwig said.
"They crossed Bluewater Creek and went off into the wild blue yonder."
The school reported the matter to police.
"The school was right on the ball in making sure the police were there," Mr Ludwig said.
"We're extremely pleased that no one was injured."
Their age may have saved them from the full force of the law, but they're still in hot water with school authorities.
The pair will be suspended for the rest of the term.
Don't know what everyone else thinks but these kids should be charged!! It's absolute bull that they are too young to be held accountable. They knew what they were doing was wrong and did it anyway.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
No, thier parents should be beaten. How would an 8 year old know how to steal a car, steal the keys, or....?

And great thier going to be suspended for the rest of the term. Yeah that really fixed the absentee from classes.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
Lol - they're out of school for one day and they get up to no good......

... so let's suspend them until school holidays start! :thumbsup:

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I wish I'd known I would get away will all this stuff when I was 8... oh wait... I would have copped a benting across the backside to get me back in line if I even CONSIDERED something like this.

They'll be counselled... lol, yeah... they don't care that stealing cars is wrong but their going to take notice of someone trying to 'counsel' them.

What a joke.

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
yeah, pull their pants down and smack their arses and you're charged with abuse or assault, and yet you as a parent are supposed to raise these children and try to teach them right from wrong.

I know plenty of kids that get suspended from school and they love it, it's just a free day at home to go do whatever they choose to do.

No respect, no discipline, no authority or allowability to actually raise your children the right way.

So the child does soemthing naughty, gets away with it, the parent gets the blame coz the government doesn't want to take the responsibility of taking away your parental rights to discipline your child in the first place..........

Can we keep running around in circles or can i stop chasing my effing tail now?

i was constantly beaten as a child (i was a bad girl lol) and i turned out ok

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
A quote that started in the 13'th century -

"Spare the Rod - Spoil the child"....

Never were truer words spoken....

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Why cant these kids be put down now?

We put down horses that cant run, dogs who bite because they are of no use.

These children are 8 and already committing serious crime. They will be of no use to society. Destroy them.

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Im not sure it's the kids fault. My opinion is that the parents should be tried for the crimes their underage children committ.

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
I reckon they should either be punished to the full extent of the law as an adult or put down.
Either option is good by me :)

If they are out doing this at 8 there is no hope for them being anything useful as an adult so screw them.

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
Im not sure it's the kids fault. My opinion is that the parents should be tried for the crimes their underage children committ.

The child should also be punished for their crime. Why punish the adult? Yea absolutely make them acountable for not parenting their child properly, but the child has to be punished so they can start to learn the lesson of consequences of their actions.

Last edited: