Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4L60E standalone controller?

Draimond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with cheap eBay standalone 4L60E controllers?

eBay Link

I don't need it to be good, just get me from a to b for a few weeks while my ecu and wiring is basically a construction site.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230915-034728.png
    Screenshot_20230915-034728.png
    384.6 KB · Views: 91

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Interesting.

I'd also be interested to see how that goes, I'd like to switch to a haltech (the GM sport one) which doesn't have trans controls.

I'm guessing that controller would also manualise the transmission and just run off a default parameter of line pressure as without the TPS and speed sensors it wouldn't be able to shift through the gears automatically.

Draimond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive
That's also the impression I got. Super basic. But it's around a 10th of the price of a full featured controller.
You could probably even run a PC sim racing H-Pattern shifter instead of the factory linear auto shifter.
Or get back the automatic function with a raspberry pi hooked into a speed output from the ecu and run a sequential shifter.

I'm honestly pretty tempted to grab this and play around with it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III ute, VN V8 Berlina Wags
Yeah im also keen to know. As turbo kit coming for my VS V6 shortly and i dont wanna keep it at 4psi for long