Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

300kw GTS tune

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Have MAF and mods, don't care about power, just want some information on how to identify what tune I have, whether it be MAF or MAFLESS, 300KW or 245KW or 235KW etc etc
yea the GTS was a factory mafless tune, there isnt anything that says its a XXXX tune when looking at it, its only if u have a factory stock tune and then compared it to yours u would see if there are any differences

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
If you know what a stocker or just an exhaust feels like...sure as hell will know difference when one has mafless tune as they feel like they gained 100hp & feel spritely.

Guess could put on a dyno or disconnect maf see if goes limp mode but generally if tuned should be telltale signs like exhaust,otr etc best bang for buck mods.

My m6 sv8 had basic bolton mods...had to be deaf,dumb & blind to think it was 'stock'

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
If your car has been tuned for the modifications installed, it won't be a factory file, it'd be a custom tune.

As Ginger Beer said, chuck it on the dyno and see what it runs.
so could I see that via the OBDII with ELM327 or what?
Say, if it has MAF on the engine but the tune is MAFLESS?

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
If you know what a stocker or just an exhaust feels like...sure as hell will know difference when one has mafless tune as they feel like they gained 100hp & feel spritely.

Guess could put on a dyno or disconnect maf see if goes limp mode but generally if tuned should be telltale signs like exhaust,otr etc best bang for buck mods.

My m6 sv8 had basic bolton mods...had to be deaf,dumb & blind to think it was 'stock'
yeah that's what I am looking for, will try this today as I was told it's 300kw tune but it feels almost the same as my 245kw SV8, surly I would feel 50 odd extra KW difference...

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
ok so engine was cold but I disconnected the MAF plug and no code...

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if u can read ur tune in hptuners and post it up i can look at it and compare it to the factory GTS 300kw tune i have, aside from that its all just guessing, u need the supporting engine mods for the tune to make more power

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
What mods does the car have?
JHP GTS type intake, exhaust, it has more pull midrange and I think the redline is 6500

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Take it for a drive let it get warmed up then see if pops up intermittent fault with disconnect maf.

My sv8 was a whole different car with all bolt on mods...larger gain than expected for clapped out car.

Stock form was boring as hell...catback did nothing but 2 hole airbox mod was good unexpected improvement.