Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2k5 commodore line up : when?

M

Majdy

Hey :)

I am thinking about getting a Commodore SS (chev Lumina SS for us here in the gulf) in the next 2-3 months. Its probably going to cost me over U.S $ 26666 so I don’t want to rush in
I have a few questions :
1- when will the 2005 line up be available .and what differences can we expect in Interior ,exterior styling ? I read about the new V6 engine and I wonder if the SS will also get a new V8 .

2- what are pros and cons of the current Gen III V8 ? how does it compare to the Mits Magna VR-X 3.5 V6 and Nissan Altima 3.5 V6 ( 2 other option I am currently considering) in terms of:
- fuel consumption ( I do 90 minutes on the free way @ 120 -130 km every day)
- reliability and durability ( it can reach over 50 degrees Celsius here in the summer! )
- performance :cool:

3- how’s the auto trans gear? again in terms of durability and reliability? I know it knocks performance down, but I can’t stand manual transmission.

Last edited by a moderator:

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
Right, I dunno much but i'll try my best...;)

1. The VZ is due here in the next couple of months with the new V6. The VE isn't due til 2006ish for us...dunno if you'll get it earlier or not? That'll be when the new V8 (gen4) will get released.
2. I think there were some minor probs with leaks and stuff, but that was about it...
- fuel consumption - I assume there would be quite a difference between a 5.7L V8 engine and 3.5L V6 engines...depends on how you drive..I have heard of people getting comparable fuel consumption between them.
- reliability and durability well it gets pretty damn hot here too and the engines are reliable and able to handle it.
3. *shrugs* sorry can't help with that one...

If it helps the Caprice was Saudi's Car of the Year...
I'm sure all the other knowledgeable folks here will lend a hand :) and prove wrong all I said ;)

chris87

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend any Mitsu, it will probably get recalled or the company will go under. As for the Altima (Maxima here), more luxurious but FWD and handles like a sponge. Go for the Commie (you'll never go wrong). Hope that helps!