Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2011 ve berlina poor fuel economy

glenn55

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz calais ;2011 ve berlina
took my new ve 3.6lt for 600km run,and used 4/5 of a tank of fuel.my previous 2005 calais 3.6lt would do the same distance and use just under half a tank.huge difference in economy; i'm 65 and no lead foot; checked to see if air filter was blocked, but not to bad.vehicle will have first service since buying next week. all suggestions welcome,with thanks.

Wayno73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS
You could get 1,200k's out of a tank in a VZ? That is amazing...

Your VE2 Berlina will have 3.0 Litre engine.

What is the l/100km on the trip computer?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
That about the average distance for a tank in a VE, as they are only 73L tanks
The VT/VX/VY & VZ had 75L tanks. [but could usually squeeze 77L's in them]

I had a 3.0L 6 Speed 2009 VE Berlina Wagon [prior the 2012 VE I have now] and did a bit of a road trip in 2011 along the west coast to Adelaide to see the relatives over there in Elizabeth North,
Spent a few days over there going to the usual places, Hahndorf, Glenelg & The Barossa and got fairly good economy, getting over there and visiting the tourist places.

But the Best economy was when I filled it up at the Shell on Main North Road at the Elizabeth Shops Intersection [Some of the Adelaidians would know where that petrol station is], and I got all the way from there to Hampton [Southern Suburbs of Melbourne] on one tank, being the low fuel warning came on coming over the Westgate Bridge, knowing it had approx. 60k/m remaining,
I just kept going till I filled up at the Shell Petrol Station on Bluff Road Hampton.
And I had 2 other people in the car. and some luggage in the back.
Also could not lead foot it, stuck to the speed limits and used cruise control on the open roads.
It was a fantastic car. But not my idea of a highway car carrying a load in the back every day, as it struggled as work car.

Last edited:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
The other Trips I have done, is Melbourne to Mildura a number of times on one tank in both, the 2009 3.0L and the 2012 6.0L,
Basically the same economy,
Fill up at the Westgate Bridge, and arrive 5.5 hours later.

2009 3.0L VE & 2012 6.0L VE
E10 had under 1/8 of a tank remaining
91 had under 1/4 of a tank remaining
95 had 1/4 tank remaining
E85, had to fill up at Ouyen :mad: [only had 60k/s till empty] where its 88k/m to red cliffs nearest normal fuel stop.

Both Cars were Very similar in economy.