Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2009 S1 VE Sportwagon V8...What Manual Transmission do i have?

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

DVE855

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Ve SSV S1 L98 6lt
Wow, 5 for a new gearbox fully installed? I thought the new box is over 5k new by themselves? Keep me posted if you can regarding how it feels. It's my biggest gripe at the moment, I still love my VE but having to baby the gearbox is a little annoying.

Did you try the new gearbox without the ripshifter? What do you think of the ripshifter? I was going to buy the cube shifter and change the bushes and I was hoping that will make the gearbox tolerable.

Appreciate you giving me this feedback.
All good, glad to help if I can. Yeah he was saying they were about 6-7 for it originally. He went States and bought back a few he picked up as a deal end line/excess stock that was auctioned off, he had it sitting storage for years. The ripshifter I bought hoping to improve the old t56 was a lot better but didn't fix it. I didn't try tr6060 without it.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

DVE855

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Ve SSV S1 L98 6lt
What did the ripshift actually do? You say it helped? Helped how? Did you change any of the bushes? I was recommended to change the 3 bushes below.

Mine is just a pain to get into 1st occasionally and reverse. I can just align it by going into third and I was told by my mechanic by moving forward a little then reverse is easy.
I'm not sure if they done bush's below I got it thrown on when I done head, cam, diff gears. Just made feel better the main difference is 2nd to 3rd shifts as it centres itself to be pushed forward into 3rd and didn't feel as loose, the throw itself didn't feel a lot different I put the long ripshifter knob on makes feel different also. It's also got positive stops so can slam it into gear if u want.

bb_zetec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SV6 Sportwagon Slipstream Blue Black Ed.
Thanks for the reply guys...

I will check out the build plate and find out what trans code is listed on it once i can get back to the car, i am currently away from home.

What are the codes for the T-56 and TR6060? Are they different?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
My TR6060 has MER code but it is Sept 2012 build.

Earlier should be M10.

Not sure on T56 code.

bb_zetec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SV6 Sportwagon Slipstream Blue Black Ed.
Hi Guys,

Checked the car and it is M10 on the plate so it must be a T-56.

There are also the letters BSI next to the March 09 build date which i understand to mean MY9.5 model build.

Last edited: