Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 VY S Manual Sedan!

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Smoother but a bit gutless too ha-ha

Not really, the engine was tired and high revs and boost were not liked ha-ha.

In other news, one of the brackets that hold down the wiring loom between the pulleys came loose, and rubbed against the belt pretty much changing it from a 6 rib belt to 4 rib hahaha. Guess I'll be going to get a new belt!

Gutless cause you aint revving it up like before and your the one who did those brackets :p

I wonder how many cases of beer went into it all?

At least you can use the old block as a coffee table.

None, he was broke so didn't supply any, he did buy dinner though.

We will just shame him into buying some booze when he has money :)

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Gutless cause you aint revving it up like before and your the one who did those brackets :p

Gave it a lil more today but I guess it was hot.. whenever it hits near 30 degrees the charger just turns to **** lol. Loses so much torque.

Also not running my high-ratio rockers yet, but under inspection through the oil cap we may think it already has some, it's running the aftermarket rocker plate so the rockers have been changed.

I wonder how many cases of beer went into it all?

At least you can use the old block as a coffee table.

Haha nah, it's a change-over motor. He will give me my deposit back when he comes and picks it up.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
The high ratio rocker will make a huge difference.
A tune will improve on all of the mods as well, best thing to do will be to get a loan and tune it ASAP (or risk stuffing another motor).

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
The high ratio rocker will make a huge difference.
A tune will improve on all of the mods as well, best thing to do will be to get a loan and tune it ASAP (or risk stuffing another motor).

Maybe i'll install them soon then, need to acquire new rocker cover gaskets first.

I'll just keep the car under 5K rpm for now, it has an exhaust leak somewhere also and the charger bracket isn't seating properly so I need to fix some ****.

Going to have to pull off the charger to change the rockers, so might aswell get new manifold gaskets and do those at the same time when I get paid.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Been a while, decided by impulse tonight I'd fit the 1.9 roller rockers back up. Bit more torquey, likes to chirp third gear which is always fun haha.

A simple thing like roller rockers is so painful when you gotta pull off the coil pack, charger, wiring etc..

New engine is going well-ISH, on startup it's very rough for about 5-10 seconds then it's all good after a slight blip of the throttle.. not sure what the go there is.

Very loud tick as engine revs climb too, could be a very loud exhaust leak.. which is what i'm hoping it is :/

12565382_10208893020342503_2584401365757134497_n.jpg

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Well another update, Friday night the engine snapped a valve spring, but for the time being I'm giving up on the charger. Valve spring has been replaced yesterday and cars running fine again, but I currently have the charger and high-ratio rockers up for sale.
Rockers 1.9 with pushrods - $450
Charger setup with all internals and liquid cooling (including ECU and injectors) - $4500

I'm kinda getting over the engine issues, i'll admit the valve springs are my fault for not changing though.

Long story short, I'm pretty happy with the car as it is now (even though it's sooooo slow) but the funds will clear up some funds so I can move out and hopefully get into a new VF in January.

R

Risky

It's a pity you can't get your engine the way you want it. The charger setup is expensive. Hopefully you'll have plans with the VF when you get your hands on it.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I could of got an engine built to handle the power daily but it's just not worth the money. Let's be honest, even though everything is changed and it's very reliable (besides the engine lol) the looks don't really get me.. It's too boring for me.

Just another year hopefully serves me well.

R

Risky

I like the look of the VF II & even the ute. I sat in a VF ute & it was too low for me even though I'm 6ft tall. Hopefully you wont have any more dramas until you buy your VF.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I like the look of the VF II & even the ute. I sat in a VF ute & it was too low for me even though I'm 6ft tall. Hopefully you wont have any more dramas until you buy your VF.

I'll be looking at a VF II SS-V Sedan in Manual no doubt.

Car should be alright, it's got a slight tap noise at the top which i believe may be a failing lifter as it's very intermittent but it runs well.
Ordering a new PCM/ECU next week with reconditioned standard injectors so it can go back to factory tune and hopefully be good on fuel with the cleaned out injectors.

Before I sell it I'll rip out the headunit, leather(possibly) and diff and change them back considering doesn't matter how many mods you got on your car you don't get anything for them.