Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1999 VS SIII S 5.0 Ute

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV XU8, FORD TERRORIST
Thanks man and yeah I go back and forth but currently its staying. Will move interstate in the next 12 months so might spice it up living somewhere different.
Will need a new daily then so I will probably get a e-series over this time and see which one I fall in love with more.
XEs are getting a tad pricey. Love the shape but honestly always hated the interiors and door handles :D .
Haha, yes the door handles. Use to visit the wreckers often( when I owned a couple XD's) to raid all the falcons for door handles. That was until Supercheap started selling brand new ones for $12 each which weren't much better.
EL Xr6 is my favourite of the E series. Love the round headlights.

Park the ute if you get a new daily. Kids grow up so fast so it won't be long before it's just you and your wife again (before the grand kids).:)

Whatever your next project is, be sure to post it up here.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I found the secret to not snapping Falcon door handles, was to open them on the edge where the handle met the lever going inside the door...

IMA, the longest I had an XD to XF Falcon was 9 months....Things always gave me more trouble than they were worth

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Thought I'd update.

Things have changed in a life and I'm done with it. I'm going to sell it.

I'm not only doing that but I'm selling the house and moving down to Tassie so wont have space/time/money for it. To be honest I don't have the want for it anymore either. I was on the fence for the past 6 months but I've come to terms with where I'm at in life and what I want. And what I want is to spend 20k on camera gear and travel part-full time. My heart is just not in it anymore.

Hopefully this can partially fund it and bring back some joy in life.

I'm thinking of listing it with a roady for 17k. Seem fair or asking too much?

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Moving from Northern QLD to Tassie, are you insane?

jks, sounds like you've got a plan :) I hope the move/sale goes well.

$15-18k for a ute is about right in the current market.
:D thanks and yeah we're mad as they come! I'd rather wear a jacket all year than stick my head out the front door and sweat out 2 litres in 5 seconds for 5 months of the year.

We just need a change of scenery and FNQ is so remote and boring when you've been here a while. I need mountains and to be closer to family.

I figured that price range was alright. Seen some crazy prices and crazy low ones so not sure what's actually selling and isn't.

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
Thought I'd update.

I'm not only doing that but I'm selling the house and moving down to Tassie so wont have space/time/money for it. To be honest I don't have the want for it anymore either. I was on the fence for the past 6 months but I've come to terms with where I'm at in life and what I want. And what I want is to spend 20k on camera gear and travel part-full time. My heart is just not in it anymore.

If I didn't have a fleet already I'd go look at it this,but I may know someone who is looking for a V8 ute,I will see if he is still keen and will let you know,it's a nice looking ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG V8 S Ute
Thought I'd update.

Sad to hear about the Ute moving on but someone will get one of the most sorted, nicely modified last of the legends at a BARGAIN price.

Glad to hear the reason is that you and family have an exciting new chapter in life and I’ve commented on your shutter prowess before so that’s incredibly exciting too.

Thanks for documenting your adventures so thoroughly and entertaining to boot - I know it benefited me in my decision/s around my purchase of a roller engine Ute and your journaling will forever be a part of my journey !!

All the best but add some pics here from your Apple Isle travels please,
Craig.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Sad to hear about the Ute moving on but someone will get one of the most sorted, nicely modified last of the legends at a BARGAIN price.

Glad to hear the reason is that you and family have an exciting new chapter in life and I’ve commented on your shutter prowess before so that’s incredibly exciting too.

Thanks for documenting your adventures so thoroughly and entertaining to boot - I know it benefited me in my decision/s around my purchase of a roller engine Ute and your journaling will forever be a part of my journey !!

All the best but add some pics here from your Apple Isle travels please,
Craig.
Thanks mate!

Awesome to hear such positive feedback! It's hard to think that simply putting up some waffle about your cars problems over the years can help someone in a positive way.

Cheers!

The condition is what will sell yours.

It's very hard to find a clean Series 3 ute let alone one with a nice cam etc.
Yeah I hope so. The paint really isn't that great. It has some cracks and chips in the bonnet and a few imperfections here and there. But yeah it's better than 90% on the road I'd say that's just me been a perfectionist. I could sit here and pick at it flat out but you don't realise too much in a car that isn't yours.

Just doing a write up and will list is somewhere this week.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
If I didn't have a fleet already I'd go look at it this,but I may know someone who is looking for a V8 ute,I will see if he is still keen and will let you know,it's a nice looking ute
Thanks mate! Like I said it's not perfect but it's much better than 90% out there. I have an entire dropbox folder with a heap of pics and a vid over the last couple of years if they are interested.