Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

07 SV6 HVAC Fan not working

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
My HVAC Fan stopped working on Saturday just gone.
Have checked fuses in locations as stated by the Owners Manual, still to check the relay(s). Have unplugged and reseated X1, X2 & X3 connectors on the HCM itself.
All lights on the HVAC console light up, actuators work , hot/cold setting, position of vents, can hear them working behind the fascia.
There is power to the Fan Plug X1, 12 volts with ignition on and 14 volts with engine running.
Is there anyway to test the Blower itself to make sure that it runs fine before i investigate the cost of a new HCM module.

Info on the HCM
VE HCM
A2C53115639
AIPL 13-22924
20061025125902 OP 4003
CI 02 HW B SW 13

I have pinout diagrams from the Carmodders website on the that have come from factory workshop manuals
X1 Connector (PIN 1) - Orange - HVAC Blower Motor Control Wire - (PIN 2) - Black - Ground

Their X2 Connector pinout is not the same as my car they have Pins A1-A12 & B1-B12 - And they state that it is different for SZ/DZ on one climate control HCE's
Where as mine is 1-14
Pin 6 White/Blue Trace
Pin10 Light Green
Pin12 Blue
Pin13 Dark Green
Pin 14 Red/Green Trace
Any ideas on what these wires do?
Anyone with a diagram to look at please.

X3 Connector
Is the same colour coding as the one on Carmodders website.

Have spent most of the day searching google for more information, but have'nt gotten very far.

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
Just finished removing the Glovebox to get access to the blower power plug.
Found a constant power wire, installed a temp patch cable from PWR to Blower + pin , then attached a patch cable to the - pin on blower and then earthed wire. Blower blows on full power.

Any ideas on a temporary variable power switch to control the speed of the blower motor in the interim?
Sort of like this
QKits Electronic Kits: MXA066, PWM DC Motor Speed Control 30 A

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I have never investigated this problem in a VE but every model before it is the varistor that controls the voltages to the blower. Which is usually located in the HVAC unit itself.

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Ahuh I see now.

First thing I'd check is for dry joints at the voltage regulators hiding under that heatsink. If no dry joints... I'd try replacing the regs.... Less than $3 each.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
If you have a tendency to have your blower on low most of the time... They'll get hot....

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
That was a good thing about my old VT, the fan amplifier was installed into the ducting so always had some air blowing over it. Repaired that several times over the 7 years i owned it.

Not so sure about this new HCM, my soldering skills are not to sh#t hot at all. Maybe have to visit an autosparkie to get them to have a looksee and do some testing for me.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
OK well another option is to try and test them while they are in there....

They have three pins
Input
Reference
Output

Input is typically 12v+. Reference is variable and typically low current and output is varied. Low speed will have a low output and high speed will have a high output... For Christ sake, don't short out the pins with your meter... Lol