Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windscreen nozzles.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Process of elimination. If you disconnect the washer reservoir pump from the tubing does it pump well? If so is there a blockage in the tubing you can clear when you disconnect the tubing? If the tubing is clear and the pump is pushing fluid well then the only place left would be the nozzles?
i suspect the nozzles aren't any good or the pump won't handle twin nozzles. Everything is new however I have ordered a pump off a vr-vs. I have also ordered new twin nozzles, they cost $2.40 for the pair so if they don't work it doesn't matter. Single nozzles are about $53 from Rare Spares. I consider that to be drug money but if the worst comes to the worst I will have to buy them.

VC has suggested checking that the motor is getting 12 volts. I don't think that is the problem as I had previously used a vs washer bottle and motor and that worked fine. However to go back to some originality and also get an overflow bottle I discarded them along with the nozzles.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Gossie said earlier "open them up". Maybe ream the nozzles out a little with a welding tip cleaner?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gossie said earlier "open them up". Maybe ream the nozzles out a little with a welding tip cleaner?
I have always done that with blocked nozzles. These nozzles seem to be too big and are new anyway. I will wait until my new nozzles and motor arrive. If that doesn't work I will get some single spray nozzles from Rare Spares. Thanks anyway.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
There isn't a kink in the line is there?

I put new lime in mine, but me being a idiot kinked it during the install, squirter had hardly any pressure until I fixed my farc up

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
There isn't a kink in the line is there?

I put new lime in mine, but me being a idiot kinked it during the install, squirter had hardly any pressure until I fixed my farc up
I will check again but I don't think so. I would love it to be that easy.

Reactions: Lex