Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window tint removal?

D

Darkness

The window tinting on my VLT is stuffed to the **** house. Instead of spending $150 to get it removed I was planning on doing it myself.
I have peeled a small section of it off already but the glue/whatever wont budge. Mind you I HAVEN’T tried hitting it with any chemicals but what I’m hoping is that you all know of a much easier/quicker way to remove it instead of sitting there for two days scrapping all the glue off?

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
For your door windows, use a stanley / razor blade, and then hit whatever glue is left with a bit of turps. Took me about an hour to do both my front windows. The back window I'm not sure how to do, unless the demister doesn't work in which case, just do as you did on the door windows.

Ash81x

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
I stripped all the old blue tint off my old VL, took a few razor blades, a bottle of prepsol, a slab of beam cans and a saturday arvo with some mates :drink:

Madhouse_Dave

Crazy but Happy
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais
Hi All
I have done this on my Vn wagon complete strip down of all the Window tint.
First of all the Razor blades are you first best freind. Get a good pack of blades and a blade carrier if you can find a solid one. Second after speaking to a windscreen installer I know he told me to use Kero on a good firm clothe to remove any rubish after stripping what you can. It was Information gold. After trying Turps Aceatone and thinners and even Peanut butter (Dont Laugh its great stuff) the kero became my best freind to combat the sticky left overs. It wont be an easy job but it will give the best results unless you can get the correct stuff to remove it. I think he said it was a polimer that the tint is stuck on with. so I guess Polimer remover ?
Anyway good luck Guys and Gals.

P.s. My Wife played a huge role in keeping the tint coming off while I scrubbed the rest to a nice clear view.

Thanks Sue :bop: LOL