Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz V6 to ls1 conversion from a vy ss

[email protected].

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ute
Hi guys .I have a vz alloytec engine and have the opertunityt
To purchase a vy ss ls1 .now my question is can I transfer the running gear. box .radiator. exhaust. Computer etc from the vy ss and put it straight in my vz or do I have to buy vz ss wiring loom ?.thanks in advance

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
VZ SS used drive by wire. There is a lot more to it than the VY. The pedal used a secondary module to operate the throttle so you’ll need all that. You’ll need a VZ SS harness, radiator is different. Power steering lines are different. Alternator is different.

The SS pedal goes for around $1000-$1500 used. To avoid those ridiculous costs, you’ll need the module that can convert V6 pedals to work.

Swapping a VY V6 to V8 will be your best option.

You will need to find someone to VIN match the modules.

The body harness is different to V6 so the inside will need to be stripped and harness swapped with VZ SS.

VY had different emissions requirements to VZ. I doubt you’ll get it registered with VY installed into it without using VZ stuff.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
vz is the odd duckling... the one where you'll need same model donor

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Ideally you want an 06/07 donor. They have more adaptive modules, 6.0ltr engine.