Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy Bits And Pieces

J

jarrod

I have just purchased a vyII one tonner and was after any websites or places i can get any accessory or part for one. Anything fomr car seat covers to engine mods. I have tried the usual places like Auto One, Repco but they are very limited. Any info will be greatfully accepted.

S

sloth

yes im also looking for for parts for VYII . I'd like to find one of the 185kw clubsport MAF pipes dose anyone know where i can get one ?

J

Jaime S.

Hey jarrod, good on 'ya for getting a One Tonner! Tell us what sort it is, model, engine, transmission, colour.

Cheers,
Jaime S.

Royboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV E3 R8 CLUBSPORT 2011
look under posts in VY headers/Exhaust might find some good info on engine Mods

cheers

235rwkw

Reaction score
this place has good stuff

http://www.sve.net.au/sve_chevparts.html

J

jarrod

Jaime s i got the series II S V6 in red. The 6's only come in the four speed auto. I had the SS fornt bar and lights put on looks awesome. Next week im getting the exhaust done extractors and rear muffler. Carline Mufflers do it for around $830 and add $200 for stainless. Also add a cold air system and it will go a bit better. Only done 1800 k's so far and the motor is still tight though. Only getting 380 out of a tank but Holden says give it some time. I will keep you posted on how things go.

Jarrod

J

jarrod

Does anyone know where i can get a VY V6 cold air intake for less than $420. in the Sydney area? if its out of sydney i can have shipped no worries. American Autos in Sydney do it for that price for those who need to know anyway.
Jarrod.

J

jarrod

Ive found cold air intakes for both V6 and V8 VY's. Autobarn sell aunger ones for around the $260-$270 mark.

J

jarrod

Fuel Gauge and Extractors

Having done 12000k's on my tonner now the trip computer gives very varied amount of k's to go on the display. Even if im carrying nothing around one minute im looking at about 550 out of a tank then drops to around barely 400 but actually getting 450. And this doesn't matter if it short or long trips. If anyone can help please do so. :b:
My other querie is if you get extractors put on and they are stainless will the warranty still be valid? holden dont give a straight answer and exhaust places say they dont need to be cause they give three year warranties anyway.
Lastly,because its a V6 do the cats need to be cut off and reattached to the extractors or doo you need to get new ones anyway? :confused: