Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Joey B

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman V8
Hi there,

I’m wanting to convert my dull green cluster globes to LED/SMDs.

Unfortunately I’m not all that good at soldering, is there anyone in the Melbourne area who still works on these clusters that can help me with mine? I’m willing to pay for the service.

Cheers

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
LED's can be brighter but they are not as good as ''flood lighting'' so ur dull green can turn into bright patchy green with leds, since they are miniwedge globes i think u can just try miniwedge leds to see how it goes (check depth of globe as led may contact inside) otherwise attaching leds is a PITA

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Hi there,

I’m wanting to convert my dull green cluster globes to LED/SMDs.

Unfortunately I’m not all that good at soldering, is there anyone in the Melbourne area who still works on these clusters that can help me with mine? I’m willing to pay for the service.

Cheers
I recently used a guy off ebay who has great service as he replaced any faulty ones I had. Like $30 for 5 cluster and the 3 lcd ones. You are meant to sand off the green on the cluster plate but if you use certain colours except for white you can leave it. I find they don't illuminate the painted portions like on the needle that are meant to illuminate but otherwise they look great. They can seem patchy especially when you take a pic of em, but in reality they look good. Are a bit fiddly to install too. They must use 3d printers to make em.....