Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Berlina 94,

M

mrlambrou

I have a real wierd problem, after the car has been running for 5 minutes the check enginge lights turns on and off for a minute or so, but with no pattern, if i kill my engine within the next 5 minutes it will not start for a hour, if I drive for more then 20 minutes the problem has gone, and there is spark from the coil pack.

when the car compleatly cools down (after 3 hours), the problems starts again

I get ECU code 12

I wacked in a diagnosis computer, it found no fault,
I changed the ECU and i get the exact same problem, currently getting my injectors and throttle body cleaned, can anyone help

has anyone heard of a simmilar problem

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
My mate has had this problem but he has a 1990 VN adn he said it was his chip starting to fail but it stopped after a while, hope that is some help.

Aaron

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
gee, that realy does sound familiar, my mum's commodore did that, kinda weired, had my and my daddy stumped for ages that one, well, here you go, my honest reply, new chip needed for you, it's starting to fail, it's as simple as that, notying wrong with your wiring, nothing at all, it's your bloody chip, i would take it to a auto spark, if he's any good, he will be able to fix the fauly component, otherwise he could pick you up a good one for a decent price