Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS REDLINE - Stereo buzzing help!

Bensonhedge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
Been by here guys. I bought my redline about 6 months ago - with the Bose package - recently I have noticed the speakers cutting in and out at low volume and a loud buzz from time to time. By turning volume up to about 2/3 I get all speakers back online. The buzzing is crazy - it's related to the car itself - sometimes it's only when I apply the brakes - sometimes when the indicator is on - sometimes when the lights are on - sometimes it's not there at all an sometimes it's there all the time. It's loud enough to be a massive pain and it does not require the stereo to actually be on. This I assume it's a form of feedback introduced on the car controls side of the head unit - the indicator / Siri etc. I'm just not sure if it's the head unit or the signals coming from the car itself. Anyone had this problem? Any ideas???

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Seriously? Take it to Holden, it's under warranty.

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon
Seriously? Take it to Holden, it's under warranty.

^^^ This is the reply I feel is most appropriate for 50% or the "Help" threads. :whistling

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Most likely an intermittent earthing issue.

Although I had an aftermarket stereo system, I had the same buzzing with headlights on and when braking. Turned out to be a crap earth.

6 month old car, though. Straight back to Holden.

XM Pete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S1 Redline
Been by here guys. I bought my redline about 6 months ago - with the Bose package - recently I have noticed the speakers cutting in and out at low volume and a loud buzz from time to time. By turning volume up to about 2/3 I get all speakers back online. The buzzing is crazy - it's related to the car itself - sometimes it's only when I apply the brakes - sometimes when the indicator is on - sometimes when the lights are on - sometimes it's not there at all an sometimes it's there all the time. It's loud enough to be a massive pain and it does not require the stereo to actually be on. This I assume it's a form of feedback introduced on the car controls side of the head unit - the indicator / Siri etc. I'm just not sure if it's the head unit or the signals coming from the car itself. Anyone had this problem? Any ideas???
Hi, Just wondering if you've managed to sort the issue, I have the exact same issue and it's sending us CRAZY!
Cheers

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Hi, Just wondering if you've managed to sort the issue, I have the exact same issue and it's sending us CRAZY!
Cheers
Again @Bensonhedge hasn't been seen since 25 Sept 2016 and he's only made 1 post which was within this thread so doubt you'd get an answer from him.