Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF S1 SSV Redline Rear SUB Upgrade

SS Chris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Series 1 UTE
I've been looking online at the different ways I can upgrade the rear speakers (SUBS). They are not bad for stock but could use a bit more bass.

Option 1: Install an active subwoofer behind the seats if I can find the smallest one (fewer wires).

Option 2: Install a non-active subwoofer behind the seats with amp under the seat (more wires)

Option 3: Replace the rear subwoofers with JL Audio 6W3v3-4 W3v3 Series 6.5" 4-ohm Subwoofers. Use the stock amp or add another amp that triggers from the stock amp. This is the ideal option, but more involved.

Cannot find any posts or videos that show step by step on how to do any of the above. One video I saw on YouTube showed how to do option 3, but it was not as detailed.

Has anyone had experiences with the UTES and changing the rear subs? Do you have any better ways?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I didn't know the Redline ute has a sub?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
2, one each low down behind the B pillars.
Something-something cheap-arse ute-buyers buying the cheapest body-shape getting the subs while those buying the most expensive option get NOTHING something-something …