Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unknown Alarm Type

SuperStar

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to work out what kind of alarm your car has? Other than the obvious!!

I have a car that has had a car alarm installed, and it has auto lock turned on. Which shits me, and i want to turn off. But i cannot do that without finding out what kind of alarm it has.

I found a FCC ID code on the back of my remote. Looked up the code on the net, and it just took me to an American site, where they make the alarm remotes only! fukers.
Then went looking under the bonet, It only has the siren, with no back-up battery. Which has no stickers on it.
Then i moved to under the dash. There i found 2 control box's for the alarm (i think)
A seperate box for adjusting the sensitivity (with a red and green led light)....
Then also a box that had a similar FCC ID code to the remote. So i wrote down that code, and looked it up on the net. Only to find that i can find one website, nothing to do with car alarms, and also in another language!

So does anyone have any idea's how to find out?

Please, all ideas are welcomed.

Thanks

Charles.

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
well it's not a black widow as i just bought one and it doesn't have any lights on it except a green one on the remote.