Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] Twin surge tank set up price?

tommygun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
Just got a truetrack fitted, all new bearings in the Diff. :lock:

When I get back home Will be a RXT Clutch and the Fuel system. (if they get there in time)

I was speaking to a guy at the performance shop, he mentioned to get a good fuel set up, twin surge tank, injectors, fuel rails...full set up would cost $3500 - $4500:hmmm: This came as a bit of a shock. I thought at most $2000? He went on to mention all the fittings etc. Can someone tell me how much they have spent on there fuel set up, hours/difficulty setting up etc. I feel like im missing something.

I am aiming for 550rwhp with a Procharger to begin with then building the engine and winding it up some more in the future.

Cammed VY

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
I spent $3500 on my fuel sytem, i make 500rwhp but the fuel system is capable of another 100-150hp.
Keep in mind quaity.
Bosch pumps are $200 each, a vcm baffled surge is $500, a turbosmart fpr is $400, an fittings are between 15-50 each depending on size, finish, series and orientation.
AN fuel hose is generally $30 a metre.

Just bear in mind when boosted the MOST important thing is a quality fuel system. Also, its not always a huge jump in price to build a fuel system from the getgo that will handle a lot more power than you intend to make, but it is expensive to replace a fuel system if you do up the power and you didnt go big enough to start with. Also factor in decent injectors will set you back $1000

gun32gtr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss II
Ive spent 3k on fuel system, twin -8 feed lines off twin 044,100cc injectors, 2000 fpr and 3l surge tank, stock pump will lift into the surgetank

tommygun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
Are they hard to fit? Can someone post a link of someone fitting one or instructions ?

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
for a dead head system
FUEL TANK OUTLET>SURGE INLET>SURGE OUTLET> PUMP INLET> PUMP OUTLET> REGULATOR INLET T'EED WITH FUEL RAIL INLET> REGULATOR DUMP TO SURGE TANK RETURN>SURGE TANK OVERFLOW TO FUEL TANK RETURN LINE.

For a full flow system PUMP OUTLET> Y BLOCK FEEDING BOTH RAILS> RAIL OUTLETS TO REGULATOR INLET PORTS>REGULATOR DUMP INTO SURGE RETURN(can use original fuel feed line as return line)>SURGE OVERFLOW TO TANK OVERFLOW

There are a few other ways of setting them up aswell. But the above two are the most common.

Last edited:

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
FWIW the later VE / VF have a pump for $250 that supports 650rwhp. It is a returnless PWM type that lasts about 100,000 miles before you need a can opener to extract and replace it. Runs heavier gauge wiring and a separate controller (VEII), VF manages via its upgraded ECU.
Several aftermarket PWM Controllers available for older models, as well as adaptor kits. Google ZL1 pump - 250 lph @ 65psi.