Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
And I hear on the news today, the gov't want us to have more kids....No baby bonus though.

Got nothing between the ears
spend last 20 years telling us world is going to end from climate so youth now don't want kids, now telling us they want more kids :confused:

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I think sometimes it's best this generation doesn't breed. The rate of gender conversion is its own natural selection.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
spend last 20 years telling us world is going to end from climate so youth now don't want kids, now telling us they want more kids :confused:

Maybe someone decided it's better to breed your own rather than import?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Only need look at some public service/politician decisions to understand that has not worked.
Not to mention the crime statistics since govco/public service/do gooders decided to spare the rod and spoil the child.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yes I think that's part of the problem. Young people have been bombarded with that green govco end of the world BS since they were babies and it has made them feel guilty about breeding.
Add the fact most of us live in an expensive rat race these days and kids cost money.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yep thats what they want now, but after telling them years ago there is no future cos of climate, kids think they wont get to old age but among the climate scaring our population is actually living longer, when the minority becomes the majority it will take over and if the Aus first peoples think its bad now wanting there land back just wait until our gov is voted in by a complete different faith/living/law and changes all of Australia as it can only take a generation or two and migration to change a country like ours

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I also think the tools they use to measure inflation are no longer the best. Rents are still rapidly increasing and won't come down through higher rates, well I can't see higher rates driving down rents, when the key driver is supply and demand. And the government admitted last week the building industry is unable to keep up with what we need in the way of new builds.
Most people don't understand inflation put simply is Govco printing more money which in turn inflates the economy just like what is going to happen when Qld Gov gives out nearly 3 billion dollars for electricity to people who can actually take it from their electricity account and blow it on stuff they don't need.

Let's be honest, a lot of people find they have what they consider to be a spare $50 and say
what can I spend this on, where as what they should be saying is
I will put this toward the mortgage rego insurance etc etc but sadly they just blow it buying stuff.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Part of the problem is the belief that there must always be inflation/growth coupled with rampant capitalism where maximising profits is the main goal. Greed is good! Greed drives inflation.

It's the way business operates, the must have now mentality tied to credit.

Once upon a time, if you didn't have the cash, you didn't have the toy. Now with buy now/pay later scams everywhere and people are led to believe they can have everything now is part of the problem.

Schools should be teaching financial literacy.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Let's be honest, a lot of people find they have what they consider to be a spare $50 and say
what can I spend this on, where as what they should be saying is
I will put this toward the mortgage rego insurance etc etc but sadly they just blow it buying stuff.
If there is not something I need that fortnight I will often pay it forward on my bills. We have so many bills and outgoings because we own and I spend a lot on petrol getting to work, so I try to pay forward on my rates which are nearly $600 a quarter, or I will make payments towards my water before I get the bill. Last week I had a bit left over in my budget so I paid extra on my power bill as I knew this week coming I have to spend a fair chunk on the bike and may not be able to pay the full instalment. If there is any left after I get the bill I will be paying forward on my power bill as I have a family wedding in six weeks and have to pay for a hotel that night, plus what ever we want in drinks, and I need dry cleaning, a shirt and shoes.

I tend to plan my budgets and expenses 6-8 weeks ahead. Have to do this or I'd find myself in trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex