Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spacing created when composing text

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
In the last 2 weeks every time I make a post the forum inserts huge chunks of space between my lines and moves cursor around.

Almost impossible to reply as well as it moves cursor to quoted text area. Really annoying.

This is on samsung galaxy s22 with 2 browsers. Chrome and samsung internet

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Not performed any upgrades or changes in recent months, might be one coming up over the Christmas break.

Can only imagine this being isolated to the usual culprit of cache or cookies perhaps.

Have done a google search and not really finding anything of great interest to even attempt to help out.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Thank you. It coincides with phone upgrade for me I think. I ll play with it and do some searching on google...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I occasionally see spacing issue as well but the following is more annoying for me.

When I delete text, many moons ago by holding down the delete key it used to delete individual characters, then after a few seconds would go to deleting whole words. This made it faster to delete a sentence.

Since the last big forum update which happened quite some time ago, such delete behaviour has gone by the wayside. Instead of sliding into deleting whole words mode, the system stays with individual character delete mode but slows it down :rolleyes:

Yeah I know I can highlight a sentence or paragraph and hit the delete key but since the forum update, highlighting text on the iPad has become much harder. However, if not a forum issue such highlight problems could possible be an Apple issue to encourage me to “upgrade” a perfectly acceptable iPad for something new and shiny (So many apps on my iPad have been updated and work less well post update, including Apple apps…)

Anyone else seeing text delete and/or highlight issues?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I occasionally see spacing issue as well but the following is more annoying for me.

When I delete text, many moons ago by holding down the delete key it used to delete individual characters, then after a few seconds would go to deleting whole words. This made it faster to delete a sentence.

Since the last big forum update which happened quite some time ago, such delete behaviour has gone by the wayside. Instead of sliding into deleting whole words mode, the system stays with individual character delete mode but slows it down :rolleyes:

Yeah I know I can highlight a sentence or paragraph and hit the delete key but since the forum update, highlighting text on the iPad has become much harder. However, if not a forum issue such highlight problems could possible be an Apple issue to encourage me to “upgrade” a perfectly acceptable iPad for something new and shiny (So many apps on my iPad have been updated and work less well post update, including Apple apps…)

Anyone else seeing text delete and/or highlight issues?
Same deal here with text deleting and highlighting text. I only just upgraded to a new iPad a few months ago so having an old iPad doesn’t seem to have anything to do with it.

One of my pet peeves is that autocorrect doesn’t work properly on here so if I mistype a word and it doesn’t correct the first time you have to delete the whole word and start again otherwise it will try and correct half a word.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I do this sort of thing simply. And that’s because when it comes to this sort of thing, I’m simply stupid.:)