Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Plastic Primer

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
Okay, Some tool side swiped my VR and took the drivers mirror off. I want to spray my new mirror, do I need to get a special primer or will the 2 pac primer work on plastic? (So many VN's with paint peeling off the plastic bumpers)

TIA

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
damo007 said:
Okay, Some tool side swiped my VR and took the drivers mirror off. I want to spray my new mirror, do I need to get a special primer or will the 2 pac primer work on plastic? (So many VN's with paint peeling off the plastic bumpers)

TIA

plastic primer use anything else and in about a month youll have what you started off with

markc3012

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss Commodore
Buy some plastic primer

Most autobody repair Distibutors sell plastic primer, or alot of places like Auto one, supa Cheap, repco etc.... sell it in a pressure pack. Good if your just doin your mirror. What u need to do is get a grey(fine) scotchbrite pad a scuff the mirror or item to be painted, then use methylated spirits to clean and prep for plastic primer application. Use metho, not prepsol, too much oil in prepsol. Metho is best for plastic...... Done properly it will stick very well. If you know any mates who are spraypainters they will advise you the same..
You see lotsa plastic parts with paint falling off simply because it has been done on the cheap. Follow the proper system with anything and it will work...