Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ R8 Clubby build

Ddridan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ R8 Clubsport
At the moment I've got 235/40/18 all round, they do have a bit of stretch but before I took the car off the road I gave it a flogging trying to get it to slide but held every time with the Toyos. When it's back on the road I'll be getting 265/35/18 Nitto Semi slicks for the rear but will be leaving the 235s on the front. Stretch is the only way you'll get the front to tuck the tyre a bit at the front

Ddridan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ R8 Clubsport
Picked up some more parts today thank god.
-B&M Pro Ratchet shifter
-Th400 firewall mount braided stainless steel dipstick
-6m -10AN Stainless steel braided lines
-various -10AN fittings

Then got the shifter all fitted, I was going to keep it a bit more stealthy and keep the leather shifter boot but decided the brushed ally shroud look a bit meaner.

Attachments

• IMG_2647.JPG
    IMG_2647.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 653

Ddridan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ R8 Clubsport
Got all the wiring set up to the B&M shifter. A bit of a task especially going from t56 to th400, as the reverse lights and park/neutral safety are on the shifter in Auto's. Ended up using the wires that plugs into the reverse sensor on the T56 for the reverse lights, and then used the clutch safety switch wires for the Neutral/Park safety. A few extra meters of wiring, soldering and heat shrink sorted it all.
This week I'll be ordering my vehicle speed sensor ring for the th400 output shaft as well as a big trans cooler and look into getting a scatter shield for bell housing and trans case. More to come..

Ddridan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ R8 Clubsport
Got a few things sorted since last time, but progress is slow since the last few parts are expensive. But have decided to use 3/8 hardline and -6AN lines for the transcooler and 1/2 and -8AN lines for the engine oil cooler. Got the trans brake switch wired up and put in a new head unit, not a flash touch screen but will do the job and will let me put gauges below it in the future. Finally getting closer to completion now.

Attachments

• IMG_2771.JPG
    IMG_2771.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_2751.JPG
    IMG_2751.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 388

Ddridan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ R8 Clubsport
Well the clubby is in the shop now we're slowly working on it in the afternoons after I knock odd. Had a issues trying to get it to start, first was the cam sensor not reading the cam due to moving my cam sensor from the front cover to the rear of the block similar to LS1, that's because GM decided to switch 2 of the 3 wires in the plug between the 2 designs. Then the fuel pump wasn't priming the rails properly that that's all sorted now. Now we've just got to wait for an arvo that the tuner can come out so we can load a base tune on, get her started and leak check it before the th400 goes in. More updates to come..

Attachments

• IMG_3005.JPG
    IMG_3005.JPG
    273.2 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_3006.JPG
    IMG_3006.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 377