Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Baby Vb

S

spanky69

HI i was just wondering if anyone could help me. You c i start driving soon and i was lucky enough to score a VB its not much but does anyone
know how much it will cost to put a body kit on my vb! 2 and a half inch exhaust or anything along the lines of good looking. i have so far gotten my
baby a mad blue paint job and looking for decent mags. But i am yet to prove my boyfriend wrong. Please help me turn my baby into a princess.
any ideas?
love haidie-may

3800VK

2 1/2 inch around $400-500 wth extractors unless you want stainless +$.

Cold air intake, VK headlights are cheapish mods.

Clean the Carby, Check the dizzy and plugs and filters. can usually find a bit more power.

Have a look at some magazines or other cars for ideas on body kits you can spend anywhere between a few hundred dollars to a couple of grand.

P

psykore

before you do too much to it, make sure everythings in good condition, if you wanna spend as little as possible on a modified vb jsut get one already modified, alot cheaper, though it could have been thrashed, but nothing can be gerenteed.
that probably didnt help too much, just my advice.

S

Smooth_as_sandpaper

Yeah i totally agree... like i weighed up the options and unless u are really are keen and want to do most, if not all the work it is more viable to buy one pre modded.

U can get a Nice Modded Vb for Much less than what it would cost to Make a fairly stock VB look, RUn and sound Nice...

altho there is a certain satisfaction in creating something from Something much less..

Having said that u meantioned that your car looked ok as is.. and the exhaust system and mags may not cost that much to make it worth buying a whole more modded car... i spose it really is how hardcore you want to go on this car..

Just something to think about before really ripping into the car..

P

psykore

yeah man, exactly
i dotn mean to sound too sexist, but.. most woman dont seem to care about the hardware in the car, they just wanna pretty them up and maybe even make em sound nice and mean.
maybe if you wanna use the car youve got jsut throw on some mags for bout a grand, lower her.. (for a few hundy) when its low enough there doesnt seem to be as bigger need for a bodykit. and yeah.
your away laughing.

S

spanky

I think its great that woman are getting more involved and why should u be any different.
all the gurl wanted was help not a lecture!

is the car in good condition
im prepared to help you but can u tell me whats all ready in the car and what is being done to it.

keenin

chuck us a pic too if possible!

S

spanky

ill chuck u a pic of my vb it started off in the worst condition.
dont worry gurlz can do anything as i did!