Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it just me or has JC been a little quiet lately?

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I'd say too forums in general have been quieter if not did since facebook groups became a thing sadly, as they're convenient but useless for finding any form of information.
Exactly right... Forums like JC are still fairly active when compared to other forums, especially ones based in Australia... Many forums (especially Australian ones) haven't really updated their site design which makes the forum look very old and inactive...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I was a member of a few forums but sadly they have gone by the way side since fcukbook groups came to the forefront..Probably since alot of youngins are on it 24/7 and can get answers yesterday, unlike forums

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I used to be a member of 3 model car forums, which were good for advice of upcoming models, buy / swap / sell, and general discussion.

2 of them (Biante and Trax) shut abruptly because the companies ( not forums ) changed hands, and went to a completely different site, making the old site and associated info non-existant, and the last remaining forum (ClassicCarletables) still exists in a zombie state, as the owners refuse to respond to questions, which leads to member disinterest and inactivity.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
I miss the old Biante forum, I think that was the first forum I joined many moons ago. So much information, photos discussion lost there. I'd like to think that one day things will swing back towards forums, but its hard for most people to beat the convenience of facebook. That said though I'd find people my age (20's) use it less and less, really I only use it for marketplace these days.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I used to be a member of 3 model car forums, which were good for advice of upcoming models, buy / swap / sell, and general discussion.

2 of them (Biante and Trax) shut abruptly because the companies ( not forums ) changed hands, and went to a completely different site, making the old site and associated info non-existant, and the last remaining forum (ClassicCarletables) still exists in a zombie state, as the owners refuse to respond to questions, which leads to member disinterest and inactivity.
I miss the old Biante forum, I think that was the first forum I joined many moons ago. So much information, photos discussion lost there. I'd like to think that one day things will swing back towards forums, but its hard for most people to beat the convenience of facebook. That said though I'd find people my age (20's) use it less and less, really I only use it for marketplace these days.
I didn't even know forums like that even existed, I have a couple of model cars myself and never even thought of joining these forums lol

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
As I approach the higher end of the 20's, it's become more and more pointless. It's just shitty memes and fake news. Marketplace was alright but still a lot of Tossers. The misso and I decided to delete all socials about a year ago. Apart from not having marketplace to surf for good deals at times, it has been one of the better moves I could recommend. Now I only see and hear what I want to learn or know.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Exactly right... Forums like JC are still fairly active when compared to other forums, especially ones based in Australia... Many forums (especially Australian ones) haven't really updated their site design which makes the forum look very old and inactive...
Australians in general seem to be fairly lacklustre at sharing/engaging with anything useful online.

If I want to find any videos related to my SSV I’ll normally look for Pontiac G8 videos on YouTube as I know there’s higher odds of someone in the US posting something useful on youtube about our Holden’s than anyone here in Australia.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Australians in general seem to be fairly lacklustre at sharing/engaging with anything useful online.

If I want to find any videos related to my SSV I’ll normally look for Pontiac G8 videos on YouTube as I know there’s higher odds of someone in the US posting something useful on youtube about our Holden’s than anyone here in Australia.
Agreed, Aussie car videos do seem to be fairly lacklustre online and information isn't always easy to find... Sometimes it feels like you own some sort of discontinued Daewoo...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah see I spend far too much time on marketplace lol. But I do alright out of it haha. but I'd say 80% of my facebook use is marketplace anyway.

Same I'm always looking for stuff to buy. Sometimes I just add it to my watchlist and hope they still have it when I have spare coin. Sometimes I score other times it sells too quick.

Reactions: Lex