Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ignition Module

N

Notacommodore

Hi,

I have a VK ignition module on my 265 hemi, the black rectangular one with the 4 terminals. Have had problems lately, could a dud module cause the engine to catch, misfire and mot run?
Everything else in the ignition system has been checked over, wiring, pickup in distributor, new coil etc...

Regards, Andrew.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
hey there, i have got a work in progress going, 245 hemmi, i wont go into particula details, the vk igntion moduel isnt powerfull enough to start car, get a new one, sorry dude.

N

Notacommodore

Thanks for teh reply. I was suspecting module.

Regards, Andrew.

N

Notacommodore

Well, I replaced the module, started fine in the afternoon.
Went to start this morning, and coughed and spluttered. Started fine on a roll start though...

Help!

Andrew.

N

Notacommodore

Another quick question, does the module have it's own seperate 12 volt power supply? My car is running the coil and module off the same +12v power source, maybe it's dropping too much voltage when cranking?

Andrew.

208_Fireball

Reaction score
One of the problems some people come across when converting from points to electronic ignition (e.g., blue electronic dizzy conversion into torana) is that the torana's power wire to the coil was resistive (instead of a ballast resistor, or so I'm told.) The electronic dizzy should have a non-resistive power. Perhaps this is the issue? Could be nothing to do with it too

Cheers,

Dave

G

grover

run a new seperate power wire to the dizzy.thats what i did when putting a blue motor dizzy in a black motor.