Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HP printer being a twat (not printing black in some circumstances)

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
This POS printer of mine is being a bit discriminative....

First of all I have just replaced the colour not long ago and same with the black ink.

SO what is happening is when I try and print out a msword document in black writing it will just come up with a blank page. Change it to blue and it works, same thing happens with the pdf's only some form of colour is printed.

BUT I just did "ctrl + p " on a random google search and it printed it all off. colour and black. I have tried all the settings on the printer of aligning and cleaning catridges but it still doesn't work.

Has anyone had this problem before and could give me a few tips I don't really want to have to find somewhere to print my crap off...

thanks!

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
There is a few things you can try:

Update the printer driver - Download from HP.com support site
Calibrate the print heads - there should be options for it in the software that is installed on the PC

Once you have tried this, let us know. Also post things like Operating system, printer model

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
The **** thing with ink printers if U don't print at least once a week, the ink can dry out in the heads. Leaving streaks across the page or worse nothing.

Try a couple cleaning cycles.

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
what sort of printer is it?

if its nothing fancy you can just buy a new cheapie for about $50 that print/scan/copy's
they do a good job

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
sorry for the late reply guys,

umm its a c4100 hp all in one series or some crap. The thing I don't get is that my brother printed a black and white full page off then a few seconds later he tried to print off some pdf he received and it doesn't work but yet internet printing does... Don't have access to the printer atm but will try the driver checks.

if all else fails I have another printer sitting around somewhere and might use that if I get some time too set it up

HPSupportAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Hi Wogboy1994,

In regard to this Print Quality issue you are experiencing this document will help you out resolve that issue.
Just click on this Link and follow the instructions ahead.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document
docname=c00662181&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=au&dlc=en&lc=en&product=1141647

Your Patronage is Very important to us, and we hope that you’ll continue to give us opportunities to serve you.
Thank you so much for bringing this matter to our attention.

Sincerely
HP
If the information hasn’t solve your question, you can continue to post further questions or visit HP technical support website (Online support for HP's home and home office products | HP® Support ) or visit HP consumer support forum (HP Support Forum - HP Support Forum) for further help. Thank you for your support.