Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Head Lights

F

fish

Hey

I have a VS and i was wondering if anyone else has had the problem the when I hit a bump in the road and i have mt head lights on the high beams flick on. If anyone has had this problem could you let me know if i can fix it or am i going to have to get a new one.

fish

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
sounds like the indicator stalk is on the way out replace that and problem should be solved

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
I'm just here to second the stalk thing...but to check it give the column a light tap and see if it does the same thing....don't use a big hammer!!!!!!!

Does the high beam indication light also come on?

P.s. Welcome aboard and hope you find some friends here "fish"

Regards Guy.

Jimbo

Reaction score
Hmmm,... never seen it before, but wonder if the relay return spring is fu(ked causing the contacts to short when you go over a bump and hence bringing on your lights ?? You could easily change it and see if it still occurs, but you'd tend to think it'd be the stalk though.

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Just be careful if you change relays on the commodores because a lot of the relays have a different pin setting to a standard relay. Look at the pin numbers and where they are located in relation too each other.

And if when you tap the steering column and it does nothing try the relay like "jimbo" has said.

Regards Guy

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
on the indicator stalk - you need to be careful to push it in properly where it goes into the steering column. i had a problem with the indicator operation on my car and eventually realised i just hadn't pushed the stalk in hard enough to make good electrical contact..