Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Haltech 750 elite for capa supercharged sv6 ly7 engine

Donny D

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve commodore sv6
S
that will be fine for ethanol and 20+psi, will still be fine for petrol 98 but it will limit u a little but id rather have more compression for an efficient engine otherwise when ur just driving normal too low comp will just be laggy off boost
So I should keep the 10.2:1 that makes it a little easier. With my rebuild I was going to go forged Pistons and rods and transfer my cams over. Do you think the stock crank will hold up?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
alot of the time stock cranks can do well esp on the smaller engines as there isnt much stroke adding stress (most of my knowledge is LS), usually rods and pistons are the weak points, also make sure u have good bolts like ARP and go studs if u can or bolts minimum for boosted, depends a little on the camshafts also but the 10.2 will be fine and if u have control of the cams u could make it easier on the dynamic compression to suit the petrol, u could do 10:1 if u want a little less for petrol but much lower is getting to an inefficient burn

Donny D

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve commodore sv6
alot of the time stock cranks can do well esp on the smaller engines as there isnt much stroke adding stress (most of my knowledge is LS), usually rods and pistons are the weak points, also make sure u have good bolts like ARP and go studs if u can or bolts minimum for boosted, depends a little on the camshafts also but the 10.2 will be fine and if u have control of the cams u could make it easier on the dynamic compression to suit the petrol, u could do 10:1 if u want a little less for petrol but much lower is getting to an inefficient burn
Thank you for all your info grab knowledge when you can right cheers