Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Full respray for a VZ Berlina

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Hey guys,

Just out of curiosity how much would it be to get a full respray for a VZ Berlina with the same colour. The colour is Vespers Blue, the body is straight. A few things will need to be fixed up such as the rear bumper and side skirts which have a bit of a scuff. Just to give you an idea I got quoted around the $1000 mark for the following:
  • Paint bonnet
  • Repair and paint side skirts x2
  • Repair and paint rear bar

How much extra would it be approximately to just spray the whole car? Reason I want to do this is because theres nicks and scratches everywhere and I was thinking a fresh respray over the whole car would be a nicer option as it would be the same colour all over. I've had my car detailed professionally, this didn't really do much for the nicks and scratches.

tonza

Beers & Blastbeats
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VX Exec S2
Hey mate. You'd be looking at anywhere around the 2000 dollar mark and up.
As long as there doesnt need to be any crazy panel repairs you should be sweet.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
your best bet would to be go back to your spray painter that gave your your original qoute, and ask

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
your best bet would to be go back to your spray painter that gave your your original qoute, and ask

Yea I will do that, just they are usually only open during the week 8am-4pm which is when I'm working so I don't get the time to go. Just wanted to get an idea.

Thanks for the info Tonza. I was expecting somewhere between the $2k - $3k mark

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Ok so I went to get quotes today, nowhere near the price I was expecting. The absolute minimum I got quoted was $5k and ranged all the way up to $10k. Does anyone know anywhere which would cost anywhere between $2k - $3k?

REDNUT 80

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Evecutive wagon
a back yarder might do it for that, but basicaly in a pannel shop you need to expect 5k minimum,

last time i did a paint job buy the time i bought the paint, thiners, cleaning stuff, sandpaper, masking tapes and all the other little bit you need I had spent over $1000, i did most the prep work myself then got a mate that was a spray painter to do the painting,

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Yea I can understand the amount of work that needs to go into doing a job like this. I guess I should've known better. Ah well I ended up getting a good quote to respray both sides of the car, the bonnet and the rear bumper. They are the only areas that really need doing. Cheers for the help guys!