Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do you have a Room in your house that's is Hunger for Power?

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
I have two systems one on the shed and the house to over come the loss over winter i turn the shed one on
this allows me to run the Heater if i need it getting in winter 11 Kw is better 5 Kw

Reactions: Lex

VYCommodore76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commy
use the online solar panels to charge the off gird batteries when you have spare power.

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
Hi Guys and others I`m upgrading my shed Power Cable to 4mm from 2.5mm and
trying to think what I can use th old 2,5mm2 cable for as I`m painting the house said self put it in involves opening
up the Handyplanks to Access a 4 Metre opening to the Switch Board between the joist and then open the ceiling and the
Wall above it. and why I that these Huge jobs on cause the shed has a Switch board that must have 4mm2 cables
beening a Sparky just don`t think about our own requirements but it`s starting to happen20 years down the track
any ideas?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 13

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Hi Guys and others I`m upgrading my shed Power Cable to 4mm from 2.5mm and
trying to think what I can use th old 2,5mm2 cable for as I`m painting the house said self put it in involves opening
up the Handyplanks to Access a 4 Metre opening to the Switch Board between the joist and then open the ceiling and the
Wall above it. and why I that these Huge jobs on cause the shed has a Switch board that must have 4mm2 cables
beening a Sparky just don`t think about our own requirements but it`s starting to happen20 years down the track
any ideas?

It’s hard to know what to use it for (the leftover 2.5mm2). The main thought that comes to mind is to use it for an extension to your PV system (if you already have PV on your house?). I’m not sure if PV on a shed has to have its isolator in the sub board in that building, or if it has to be in the main switchboard? If it’s the latter, then that‘s a possible use for that 2.5 mm2.

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
It’s hard to know what to use it for (the leftover 2.5mm2). The main thought that comes to mind is to use it for an extension to your PV system (if you already have PV on your house?). I’m not sure if PV on a shed has to have its isolator in the sub board in that building, or if it has to be in the main switchboard? If it’s the latter, then that‘s a possible use for that 2.5 mm2.
yes have solar on the house and the Shed that`s why I thought best to upgrade the shed to 4mm
it might just come to be another used cable for now

Last edited:

VYCommodore76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commy
use the online solar panels to charge the off gird batteries when you have spare power.
yes i realise the difficulty with what i have suggested, but when you are without mains power, you have those panels sitting there doing nothing. There must be a way to use them...