Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coolant temps etc

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Where are the bleeder nuts on these LLT engines . ? I’ve bleed system the traditional way - heater in car on etc .

I just found that all the videos in that link I posted of the bleed procedure have been deleted from my Imgur account. Well done Imgur. I should have used YouTube. I don’t think I still have them.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update this morning. Got the SV6 Ute out , double checked and we did bleed it out . Cleared any air thru it - cooling system etc and warmer engine up and at idle , it’s sitting at 96 degrees C . Haven’t driven it past driveway shed / work shop .
No need for the heater to be on with VE. There is no heater tap. Hot water is always circulating through the heater core. The temp is regulated with doors/flaps that open or close off air flow depending on temp settings.

CBDINDUSTRIES81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 Ute

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do u k ow where If any the bleed screws for the VE with the LLT engine are ? I’ve searched down near oil filter and the neck off engine to radiator etc
Mate. You aren’t looking at the linked thread. It literally holds your hand and walks you through the procedure step by step. It shows you how to make a bleed bucket if you don’t want to buy one. It even lists the Bunnings item numbers for the exact bits required to make one.

I wrote a few posts back that there is no bleed screw on VE/VF because of the different radiator design.

Reactions: Lex