Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Computer Shops

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Im heading up to MSY soon :D Been planning two computer builds, priced them on ebay (country prices suck) and was going to be about 1100 in parts.... Priced MSY should be around the 750 mark.... Sure as **** isnt going to cost me 350 bux in petrol to make the trip lol.
Has anyone used MSY's pre-order function where you email them what you want and just and pick up?
I've used it, and you don't really save time (at least at the Pascoe Vale store). You stand there and they ignore you like you just don't realise there is a cue, lol.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I've used it, and you don't really save time (at least at the Pascoe Vale store). You stand there and they ignore you like you just don't realise there is a cue, lol.

Haha, might give it a try at Clayton and see how i go then.... I know if i walk around the shop im going to spend twice as much as I anticipated lol.

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
I use centrecom used to work at the sunshine store so still get a discount if someone i know is there :p

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Went to MSY Clayton, Waited less then 5 minutes in line for an order of just under 2 grand, so i couldnt complain. THOUGH, a couple of things they didnt have, but they had alternatives for a few bux more. Though they didnt have the case i wanted and said they havent had it for months, yet its been on all their price lists for atleast 2 months.
I was very pleased with the prices and the short wait (though i wouldnt of liked to be behind me), and we got someone that spoke english :)

Also went to Scorptec to grab some things MSY didnt have, good customer service, but I dont like the whole idea of spending 15 minutes or so making an account just to purchase one thing, especially when you think your only running in so you leave the car running :( But they were able to do a better deal on the case over MSY caus i had a choice over getting the PSU or not.

Last edited:

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Went Wednesday, about 12ish I think. Wasnt busy wen we went in, but the line was out the door by the time we had finished. I did feel bad for the bloke behind me who only wanted a network cable lol.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Yeah before 12ish its pretty good, from 12-2 it gets fairly busy as everyones on lunch, then it dies down again... after 3 dont even bother.

Weekends your waiting no matter what time you get there, i went in to buy parts for my new comp with dirbatua, we got there about 10 minutes before it opened, the line was already massive. We were there for 2 and a half hours.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Yeah before 12ish its pretty good, from 12-2 it gets fairly busy as everyones on lunch, then it dies down again... after 3 dont even bother.

Weekends your waiting no matter what time you get there, i went in to buy parts for my new comp with dirbatua, we got there about 10 minutes before it opened, the line was already massive. We were there for 2 and a half hours.

**** me lol..... I did read earlier in this thread that the lines can be long, so I allocated plenty of time... was suppose to get their by 11 and had to be back in sale by 6, but yeah we got their at 12 and out of their by 12:30 :) I think i got lucky lol.