Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cheap modification

F

FPV_KILLER

iv got a vs clubsport series II, whats the best cheapest mod i can do thats worth while. thanx

V

vsgts215

Hey FPV killer
I don`t know a great deal about motor mods and stuff but I found that something as little as running bp ultimate and also use lucas octane booster($16.95)does wonders in the GTS.It took my 1/4 mile et from 14.9@91mph down to the following wednesdays test and tune [email protected] bad for money!!.

R

rum

wouldent an air pod with cold air intake be the cheapest mod?

air pods range from 30 to 40$, but can go upto 200$, cold air intake you can DIY so price will vary.

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
On my previos vs v8 i drilled a 4" hole in the bottom of the air box and engine bay ducted a 4" flexi pipe to front bumper then put K&n panel filter in air box but the key is to have flexi pipe located at front bumper but not facing so that sand and **** doesnt enter pipe then block up standard intake hole so that the only air is coming from new pipe .This mod gave me a noticeable difference in low to mid power and an extra 70 ks per tank of fuel.

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
vsgts215 said:
I found that something as little as running bp ultimate and also use lucas octane booster($16.95)does wonders in the GTS.

Where do you buy the Lucas octane booster from ? I've been look'n for it for a while but can not find it. :bang: Sprint Auto and Super Cheap only have the injector cleaner.

C

CHA55A

In addition to CAI/Filter and octane booster, get a throttle body cleaner and clean the TB.
Youd be amazed at how much difference all the above will do.

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
CHA55A said:
get a throttle body cleaner and clean the TB.

Did that to the wifes VT & the sluggy performance almost disappeared completely. I thought it was the accelerator cable that was getting a little sticky too - nope, that went as well.

Older cars seem to get a fair bit of crap build up there, so a good throttle body clean MAY do wonders as it did to her car. I still prefer the VZ tho, but the wife hates the new dash, so thats a plus :p

U

UNR8D

i dont belive that octain booster would make that much of a difference, were those times on a Gtech or a proper raceway? if on a Gtech ur kidding yourself. :eek: