Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] Carbied LS1 mod options

nickoli

Reaction score
Hi all. Happy new year.

I've done a quick search, but couldn't find anything, so here goes.

I'm looking for advice on running a carbied LS1. I'm doing the conversion into my VH. Basically major internal work isn't really in the budget at the moment, plus I'm not looking to chase crazy power, but some smaller top end stuff isn't out of the question. Just wondering what other people have done, as far as modifications go. Cams, valves, manifolds, carbies, etc. Just looking to gain a bit more power and poke. I'll be running a th350, and 9" with 3.7's. Any advice would be appreciated.

cheers

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You will have more power and it will be easier to tune if you keep EFI. Go single plane manifold with a 1000cfm throttle body.

jamo25

VPSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ls3
i used a stock ls1 with a eldelbrock victor single plane manifold, quickfuel Q750 DP carby, MSD 6010 for the ignition side of things, Comp 232/234 cam, comp springs retainers locks and pushrods,

4000 stall, 3.9 gears, had 370rwhp through a heavy ass turbo 400 and run 11.2's consistantly in a VR commodore. Was plenty of fun and a cheap build up