Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais wont start

tatnutz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
I have a 2007 VE Calais and I went to get in it today to go somewhere and it won't start. It won't even kick over. It's recently had a new alternator put in. I've never had any issues with it like this before. The battery still works and the lights, radio, aircon, etc all turn on fine. The motor just won't click over. You just hear like a click and that's it. I have tried jump starting it off another car and I got nothing. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I have a 2007 VE Calais and I went to get in it today to go somewhere and it won't start. It won't even kick over. It's recently had a new alternator put in. I've never had any issues with it like this before. The battery still works and the lights, radio, aircon, etc all turn on fine. The motor just won't click over. You just hear like a click and that's it. I have tried jump starting it off another car and I got nothing. Any advice would be great. Thank you.
Usually indicates low battery or screwed starter.
When jump starting you have to make sure the jumper leads are securely attached.
https://www.mynrma.com.au/join-roadside
Cheaper than a mobile mechanic.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’d not recommend jump starting a VE. Cooking modules is too easy to do. Fixing modules is really hard and really expensive.

tatnutz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
I’d not recommend jump starting a VE. Cooking modules is too easy to do. Fixing modules is really hard and really expensive.
I tried to jump start but nothing happened. I hope I didn't do any damage.