Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are the cheapest rear rotors ok from supercheap

GK813

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Personally i don't know the brand Guardian but it would be a SCA brand like ToolPro, so it is up to AU standards.
I would say use them as standard replacement but if you are a bit of a rev head they will prob warp, buckle or break under extreme use.
They prob will rust on the hub and sides a bit as they have not been coated for that price. Simply use some black paint to protect them a bit longer.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
For $49 try it and see.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I got mine from these guys in keysborough 3 years ago , haven't had a problem. Also on ebay.
20240307_184721.jpg

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
If they are spec'd for the ute ..use em... theyre brake rotors and they are rears..so wont be doing as much work as the fronts . Just check the 3mm doesnt cause any problem run the wheelnuts in to firmly hold the rotor in place and fit the caliper check theres sufficient clearance by spinning the rotor... one thing I did notice about cheaper rotors is you can sometimes get brake squeal for a few weeks to a month while the pads bed in (fronts usually...old or new pads makes no difference).... it does go away...just a pain in the butt for about a month sometimes...you can get pads that have a composite that speeds up bedding...but they tend to cause the disc to wear out faster...

GK813

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I was on the phone with supercheap and I decided to buy the next cheapest ones for about $80 but guess what even the guy on the phone said using their website is problematic at the moment me and him couldn't find the ones I needed on supercheaps web site they all showed for IRS, mines not IRS but he could see them on his buisness pc, I couldn't buy them online because they just didnt show in a search soooo with his help I bought a $50 gift card online to use as a deposit because they need the buyer to pay for them first he was very helpful and I'll pick them up when they are at the store

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
last time i cheap'd out on new brake parts they felt worse then the worn out brakes i was replacing